Saturday, September 6, 2008

Preschool

Well, this is it. This is my very own preschool. I have to admit, the first two days I wondered what I was getting myself into. I was trying to come up with a good routine, and the kids weren't used to any routine... so things were a little bit rough. By my third day I had a bit of an empowering moment though. Suddenly my routine was working, and all the students were starting to pick up on it. Preschool was fun, and the time the kids were there just flew by. In my head I thought... "Dang, I CAN DO THIS....And I am GOOD at it!" I also had one of the mothers tell me that she used to teach preschool and that the hugs from the kids alone are worth all the work it takes to run a preschool. I thought... "Really? That can't be true..." But let me tell you.... The kids already want to help out with everything. I told them they can call me Kirstin, but most call me "teacher" in their cute little voices. They all want to sit next to me or on my lap during story time.... And they just have this unconditional love for me already.... And it IS worth it! So far so good.... I hope things can only continue to get better and go more smoothly. Here are some pics of the little ones. Not everyone has come to school yet. A few of the morning kids are on vacation and/or can't just make it until next week.... but the ones so far melt my heart. Who would have known that this could be my calling in life!!!

5 comments:

Jenny said...

I can't even begin to tell you how impressed I am. Really. You are amazing! How did you find your students? Did you just advertise at church or in the paper? I am so impressed. You are incredible!

Jessie said...

I'm sure that you are just the most amazing teacher! You've always had a knack for loving and teaching, and I'm so glad that you have started this.... and that you are LOVING it!

Amelia said...

You go girl! :) That is great. That is quite a few students too. Tiny Scholars Preschool. Too cute. Good work, keep it up. I am glad you found something you love to do that is so fulfilling. I wish we lived closer so I could send Zach your way soon! :)

Southern Belle said...

Hey Kirstin! I saw your name on another blog and I thought it might be you and it was! This is Joy (North) by the way. I wish I could send my child to your preschool when she is old enough. I bet you do a great job. Looks like fun.

Holen's Hoping to Adopt! said...

Your preschool looks great and what cute kids! Thanks for the advice. I decided to become a tv junkie.j/k. Actually, I got a wii fit so I can get my old body back.