Monday, September 15, 2008

Happy 1st Birthday Baby Girl...

Happy Birthday Halle. I cannot believe it was already one year ago that you entered this world.... September 15, 2007. At 5:05 a.m. you were born... 7 lb 2 oz and only 18 inches long. It was a made for TV movie how Halle came into this world. I went into labor the night before. I called Joe's sister, Jackie, to come pick me up and take me to the hospital. I had waited until my contractions were 3 minutes apart and STRONG until I called anyone because I didn't want it to be false labor, and be sent home from the hospital. Jackie got us up to UVRMC as fast as she could... going 100 mph on the freeway and letting me squeeze her arm off each time I had another contraction. I texted Joe's email from my cell on the way to the hospital letting him know that I was going to have this baby. A couple of hours after being in labor and in the hospital, my cell got a text from Joe's email letting me know he had gotten my email, knew what was going on, and he would call me when he could, but that his Chopper was leaving Kuwait for Iraq at about 5 a.m. our time, and he wouldn't be able to call me until he was settled in Iraq. It was a whilwind of a night, but by about 4:55 a.m. I was dilated to a 10, and now pushing my little girl into this world. At 5:00 a.m. Joe was boarding his Helicopter and flying to Iraq, and at 5:05 a.m. his daughter was born. She was perfect and beautiful. And I had so much support in the hospital with my parents and Jackie being there. By about 8:30 in the morning, Joe was able to call, and we decided to name our little lady Halle!

Halle has brought such a spirit into our homes. She is the happiest most content little girl. She had struggles and health issues her first 6 months of life, but was still such a calm, sweet baby. Joe often tells me that we got blessed with her. She is the perfect little girl, and we can only be so lucky to have more babies like her. She has a smile that will melt you, and a heart that, even as a baby, keeps giving and is full of unconditional love. It has been a priveledge to call myself Halle's mother. I have loved watching you grow and develop this past year Halle, and can't wait to be your mom for eternity.
I love you more than life little girl. Thank you for choosing us! Happy Birthday Halle!!!

9 comments:

averett's said...

Happy Birthday Halle!!

Misty Anderson said...

Happy Birthday Twin! Love Graydin

Porters said...

sooo cute..I can't believe she is a year old either! Wow. Time really flies. I love your new blog look and that top family picture.

Anonymous said...

Halle is such a cute baby, I wish my kids were so kind and loving. I have known Joe for years and it seems that she is following in his footsteps with kindness. I hope she had a good Birthday, did you party like it was 1999? Have a good day. Way cool blog.

Jessie said...

Happy Birthday Halle girl!!! I'm sorry I forgot your birthday present... what a terrible Auntie I am!

The Jarretts said...

Halle you are so cute! We're sad we couldn't make it to her party :( We miss you guys and the kids. But we love the b-day pics and her eating in her cake!

Brimaca said...

Oh my goodness that smile in the last pic. What a good way to end my night. She seems so happy and so sweet. I wish I could me her and cuddle her. You are lucky to have her and she you. Happy b-day Halle!

Jenny said...

This post made me cry. I can't imagine going through all that and not having Marcus by my side. I'm so glad you had family around you when she was born. That's one cool story...and she is so gorgeous! I love those big bright eyes and smile.

Sam and Darcy said...

Hey Kirstin! Love your blog. You give me something to strive for :) I can't believe all that you have gone through the last year. I have been a terrible friend. Halle is adorable. I admire you immensely. Congrats on the preschool! I had no idea. I know Dane completely in love with his preschool teacher. I am sure you are amazing at it. Anyway, so happy to get back in touch. Love ya!