Monday, September 22, 2008

MY QUIRKY-NESS

My friend Heather tagged me....so here goes!

1. Link back to the person who tagged you.
2. List the rules on your blog.
3. Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of your own.
4. Tag 6 bloggers to complete the meme.

1. No matter what... Even if it is the hottest night alive, I have to sleep with covers on. And it cannot be just a sheet. Just a sheet doesn't make me feel safe and comforted as I sleep. It has to be some blanket with substance. And I get nervous to have my arms or legs hanging out of the sides of the blankets...(As if the covers are going to save me from some mass murderer.) And if I am sleeping alone and nervous, or just plain cold, I will pull all covers over my head too in order to sleep! I will make a tiny peep hole for fresh air to enter, but that's it. Joe can't stand that part of my quirk. He thinks I have to be killing brain cells.

2. I hate dirty dishes in my own house. Right after dinner I always clean up the kitchen. If I invite you over for dinner, and we are all visiting for awhile after dinner, rest assured, that halfway through conversations, I will get up, walk to the kitchen, and start doing dishes and cleaning up. I have this OCD in my head, only for the kitchen unfortunately. I cannot sit and visit pleasntly if I know the kitchen is still a mess. It drives me bananas.

3. Rap music makes my day. Chances are, if you ever see me driving alone (no kids in the backseat) I will have the rap blasting in the car, and I will try to be rapping along to whatever the song is. (Funny image I am sure.) Truth is... my first year of marriage, I even totalled our car because I was listening to Notorious BIG too loud in my car as I was driving, trying to rap along, and not paying attention.

4. I get so excited when Joe gets home from work, and wants or needs to go somewhere....just a drive, or to Wal-Mart to grocery shop. For some odd reason, I love walking around stores with Joe and the kids....going alone in the evening...not so much. But if Joe is there it makes my day. Or I love it when he wants to just go on a drive, and we go to the gas station first to get a Mountain Dew to share, and then just drive around talking and looking at houses! I live for that, and think that may be what I missed the most when Joe was in Iraq.

5. I vicariously live through and night time drama shows. I am so excited for Grey's Anatomy's season premier this week. And as embarrassing as this next one may be to admit...while Joe was away, I got addicted to One Tree Hill. I know, I know....what can I say?! But I love watching shows with the couples who "need" to end up together.... ex. Derek and Meredith, and Lucas and Peyton. Call me a geek now.... I know Joe will.

6. Cheese could be my chocolate. If I ever buy cheese by the block, I will cut off THICK slices of it and eat big old chunks of cheese as my snack for the day. Give me a block of cheese during a movie, or for a girls night, and I am happy. Don't get me wrong, I love junk food and soda pop too. I am a very unhealthy eater.... But cheese really could be my happy food.... I love cheddar, sharp, medium and mild, Monterey Jack, Motzerella, Meunster, Provolone, Swiss... I could go on and on.....

I now tag
Jessie B., Alison J., Misty A., Jodi C., Sarah H., and Heather L.

5 comments:

shellyray said...

I don't think I knew you loved cheese so much. I will do the same thing with cheese but for some reason I thought that would be grose to you. Let's have a girls night out and each cheese and watch some romantic cheesey movie. That sounds fun.

Rob & Autum said...

I love Grey's A. AND Rob and I love One Tree Hill TOO!! Yes, I said Rob! He acts like he is letting me watch MY shows but then he gets so into them. We will have to get together and watch them sometime.

Holen's Hoping to Adopt! said...

This made me laugh! Mainly because I am a cheese-aholic also. Everyone makes fun of me for it, so I am glad to know there are others out there! I also love the fact you like rap music because I can picture you bumpin' it in your car with a bandana on your head.

Brimaca said...

I loved learning these things!!! Very fun. I love cheese too. I think my cholesterol is probably through the roof.

Porters said...

That is so cute and I had to laugh when I read that. I hear you on the kitchen ocd. I am the same way and can't describe it but just have to clean it up right away. I love the pictures of the fire station trip too!