Friday, February 27, 2009

One Last Update...

It's official. Once a blood test comes back saying you have the mumps virus, by law, the Doctor has to report it to the Health Department. After getting your first blood test after showing symptoms of mumps, you have to get another blood test two weeks later. Until that one comes back you are just a "possible" mumps case in the state of Utah, just in case you happened to have a false positive. If the second blood test comes back positive, you are a "confirmed" mumps case in the State of Utah. Damon's second blood test came back yesterday "Positive". After talking to the Health Department, I thought I would just let everyone know that Damon is the FIRST Mumps Case Reported in the State of Utah in 5 Years! How that happens I know not! I am guessing someone out there doesn't believe in immunizations or doctors, and their child didn't get taken in once he/she started showing symptoms. Damon still has a little lump under his right jaw, but is doing excellent. With time that lump is supposed to go away! He has been such a sport through all this.

7 comments:

Jessie said...

I'm glad to see that his lump is getting so much smaller. What an awesome kid! Give him and Halle HUGE hugs and kisses from me. I love you TONS, Kake!

The Jarretts said...

He is still the biggest stud I have ever met. I love this pic of him. He lookds slightly awdward. And so big. He's not the baby Damon I once knew! Give him and Halle a gug and kiss from me, their true favorite aunt :) Love you guys and I'll see you in two weeks :)

The Bensons said...

Ummmmm....Congratulations?

Southern Belle said...

WOW!!! That is so crazy. Poor kid! Something he will get to use when asked to tell something unusual about himself.

Tara said...

love and miss you too!! :)

Sam and Darcy said...

I can't believe that! Scary. You think you are safe by choosing to immunize. It is scary how popular it is getting to refuse immunizations. Well, congrats on the record I guess :) Have a great day!

Steven and Whitney said...

Just think of him as VERY rare and unique!