Thursday, December 18, 2008

UPDATES... honestly nothing too interesting...SORRY!

Update #1:

I took Halle to the doctor due to me being a worried little mommy. Her legs don't seem right to Joe and I. She walks funny, and rather slowly, still falling quite a bit. The good doctor examined her, and she has a rather significant case of Varum Deformity. He said it is a common deformity in kids, but that Halle's is more severe than any he has seen in quite the while. What is this you ask...? Well in Lamen's Terms: Halle is extremely Bowlegged. Nothing is done until a child is two for belief they will grow out of it by then. After which, braces and surgery are the methods for correcting it. Until Halle's legs decide to correct themselves or until help is used, I guess Halle will continue to walk through the house looking stiff and silly like Frankenstein. She is still the cutest little lady even if she has a funny signature walk!


Update #2:
I am attempting to quit drinking soda pop. Particularly Mountain Dew. I don't know that I will ever be able to stop completely, but I need to simmer down a little bit my intake of caffeine and carbonation on a daily basis. Today is day three of having nothing. Days one and two were so simple.... Today however, I am craving the bubbly goodness oh so much. I really need to do this in an effort to become more healthy, and to get rid of the post pregnancy pooch that just is never going to go away as long as I am downing 44 oz. of Mountain Dew a day. Wish me luck!

Update #3:

In case you didn't read the last post... Damon is potty trained. YEAH! It is so exciting and nice to only have to buy one size of diapers, and to not be going through the wipes quite as quickly. I just pray that before I decide to have baby #3, Halle will be potty trained too. Changing one kid at a time is enough. It just took Damon some really good motivation (toys and stickers up on a shelf in the bathroom) to get him using the potty regularly, and now he thinks he is a pro, and makes fun of Halle for still using a diaper... Oh the humor. I am excited and proud of him. He can even wear underwear through the night... Knock on wood now, I know!

And that is all of my updating. Like I said, nothing too earth shattering... but updates nonetheless.

13 comments:

Steven and Whitney said...

I think Halle's leg are cute! Happy birthday to Damon and have a wonderful Christmas.

Jessie said...

Good luck with both the pop and the poop :)
Can't wait to see you tomorrow!

The Bensons said...

So you are quitting Mountain Dew... Ryan has tried doing that a million times. I understand it is like quitting alcohol so I'll keep you in our prayers. Good Luck!!

Mimi said...

Halle is one cute girl.. let's be honest.

Soda schmoda- just keep repeating that! It will work. No, really I don't have any advice for trying to deprive myself of anything. Good luck!

Autumn said...

Hey good luck on the soda pop.... it's hard and I for one will support you on that. Halle is still as beautiful as ever!! And she look so sweet. yeah!! finally potty trained, no more diapers... isn't it amazing and wonderful. I love you and miss you!! Happy holidays

Toby and Emily said...

Best of luck with the soda. My SIL is a diet pepsi dringker and recently stopped. She said he body ached for a week from the caffeine withdrawal. Hang in there, I'm sure it will get better! Good luck with Halle as well. Hopefully she will grow out of it and avoid major procedures.

Yergensen Family said...

Jadyn was bull legged and has grown out of it...Kamri on the other hand...still is but it is cute.
I have never seen you to have a pooch...give me a break! You are a skinny butt...I wish I could look like you and drink 44 oz. of dew! I love the Dew too!

Steven and Whitney said...

Just wanted to tell you it was good to see you on Saturday at non other than Target! You looked so cute and your kids are darling. Hope you got everything done because I sure didn't! I was a bit frazzeled if you couldn't tell.

Shelley Eggett said...

My brother Brian had to wear braces as a kid because he was so bowlegged. Hopefully she will just grow out of it! Good luck with the Mt. Dew withdrawals. I'm amazed that you can drink that much and stay so skinny and not be on the potty all day long. Or maybe you are :) Either way I wish you luck!! Congrats on the potty training, that is an exciting time. Merry Christmas!

The Tomlinsons said...

Kirstin!!! I just saw your comment on Sara Fishler's blog, and I thought maybe, just maybe, this was you (I couldn't remember your married name). Cute, cute kids! I didn't realize your husband was back from Iraq (my mom had told me he was deployed for a year). Have a Merry Christmas and tell your family hello!

Porters said...

that is so great about Damon's potty training!! That is Laneah's new years resolution. I started a while ago...and we have taken quite a break. She still goes every day on it, but she hasn't been able to consistently tell me. so hopefully soon!!

Amelia said...

Congrats on the potty training. I am now changing 3 bums...no fun. I know what you mean about wipes! they go like crazy! At least 2 are cute and teeny tiny and not stinky, but Zach... eew. I hope he gets interested in the toilet soon! How did you start his potty training?

Amelia said...

Oh, and good work on the soda quitting. your bones will thank you! How's it going by the way? What pooch?