Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Oops... forgot the "O"

Damon loves spelling his name now that he knows how. He will spell it outloud to Joe and I, or to grandparents and family. He will tell us how to write it on his magna-doodle. While taking a bath, he will spell his name on the side of the tub with his foam letters. And we recently got a new leap frog toy for our fridge with all the letters of the alphabet. Damon will constantly run to the fridge, and spell out D-A-M-O-N on it. So it was nothing new as he yelled to me the other day to come see the fridge, because he had just spelled his name on it again. To appease him, I ran into the fridge all excited, getting ready to praise him and let him know how proud I am of him when I saw this...Looks like he forgot the "O" this time. Better not let that regularly happen.

15 comments:

averett's said...

That is AWESOME!

mj said...

oh that is hilarious. i graduated in public relations and one of my professors threatened to fail us if we forgot the "L" in public on any of our papers. :)

Southern Belle said...

Great!!! My husband and I thought it was very funny. Kids sure can make your day with their sincere attempts at learning.

Shelley Eggett said...

LOL!! That is funny - so innocent

Misty Anderson said...

That is so funny at least he just spells it. Trevin said it this morning when he hit his foot on the bed! ugh!

The Olsons said...

That's hilarious! I can see what proud parents you guys are!

Jenny said...

Well damn!

Jenny said...

Ok, after just hitting the "publish your comment" button, I thought -- maybe I shouldn't have made that joke. Hope I don't offend anyone. Anway, I htink it's hilarious that he did that. It's one of those classics that you'll tell his wife, ya know? HA!

Autumn said...

I love it!!! that's awesome!! Teaching them well I see.

Tara said...

That is sooo cute! I love that little guy! Now that the holidays are over when you have some time (I know you are really busy with school) we should get together!

Jessie said...

Good job Dam*n!
I hope you guys had a nice little childless vacation. Ours was great! I love ya and we'll have to talk soon!

Steven and Whitney said...

Why is it so hilarious when kids say (or, in this case, spell) words they have no idea they are saying or spelling? You made me laugh with this story.

Brimaca said...

He's such a cutie! I loved the update below this one too. Our boys can be so much alike. Many of the things you write remind me of my own little munchkin. We are potty training right now but the only thing he wants for a reward are suckers. He is doing great though...even if he is sugared up.

Amelia said...

Ha! I love storues like this! :) Cute innocent child!

Julander Family said...

This post cracks me up! Looks like he's taking after his mommy on that one!!! That's great, you might want to hide this picture when he's older or he'll have a good excuse that you encouraged him young!!!