Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Grimy to Gorgeous

Joe jokingly calls Halle "Grimy" or "Grimes" due to Halle's hair always looking straggly, unkempt, and touched up with bits and pieces of sticky food. She also usually has something gross on her outfit after a day of playing, and of course, leftovers on her face. It has turned into quite the joke, but I feel bad for Halle... we don't want her growing up thinking her names is "Grimes." To try to somewhat cure this, I took Halle for her first haircut yesterday. Mind you, not much can be done to a one year old's hair, who doesn't have all that much hair to begin with, but she did get some bangs cut and everything all around trimmed so it lays a little bit nicer. You would have thought the poor girl was getting seriously injured as her hair was getting cut... almost as if she could feel the pain of each strand getting snipped... Oh the screams down at the local Crazy Daisy (I mean down at the Clip and Curl... ha ha ha Jessie, Ali, Anni and Mom) were in full force. But the end product is cute... not much different, but Halle is no longer our little "Grimes!"

BEFORE


AFTER

*Side note: I know some of you mom's are wondering why I don't just put cute little bows, flowers, and headbands in Halle's hair..?! She pulls everything out of her hair approximately 5 minutes after I put it in, (or Damon pulls it out) and then there is a permanent kink in her hair for the remainder of the day... so my options here are pretty limited.

11 comments:

Lant Family said...

Looks cute!

*~Sarah~* said...

What a cutie... She looks so much like you I cant believe it!

Autumn said...

It does look super cute!! Adie is the same way... she pulls everything out of her hair... it's sad cause she's been called a boy before so i always have to keep her in bright cute girl colors. But I like Halle's hair cut!!

Misty Anderson said...

looking Good Halle! Cant wait to see you guys at the ranch tomorrow!

The Olsons said...

You made her grow up a little! She looks so cute with her little style!

Brimaca said...

looks good. i love when they first get haircuts. L doesn't pull out her bows yet but I'm sure it's coming.

Allie said...

So stinkin cute! I've got three girls so I have every right to say that sometimes bows and flowers are over rated! hehe She's beautiful without the accessories!

Shelley Eggett said...

She looks adorable!! I always cut my girls hair atleast twice before they turn 1. Then I keep their bangs trimmed up while their hair thickens and gets longer. Then I grow their bangs out. It's quite the process, but you will be amazed at how much her hair will come in between age 1 and 2. Atleast all my girls' hair has thickened and grown tons between that age. I hear you on the grimes though. Kendra puts her yogurt bowl on her head every morning after breakfast. I just stick her head under the sink and give her a little mini bath :) Halle's eyes are gorgeous - especially in the last picture....SO BIG!!

Tara said...

I think she looks adorable either way!! I love her big blue eyes!

Sam and Darcy said...

Beautiful! I love her eyes! Just like you. I don't think I will even know where to start with my little girl. She is destined to be called a boy!

Dan and Sara said...

Absolutely gorgeous! She is her mamas daughter for sure :)