Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Halle is Walking.... (Kind of)

Halle is now close to 13 months old, and still refuses to take that first step on her own. She can stand all alone in the center of a room with the best of them...but actually stepping one foot in front of the other... well that is just not happening. But this morning as I was getting ready to get us out the door, Halle started just moseying through the kitchen with the walker. I couldn't help but giggle as I watched her pass, and her little behind walking along! I tried to get some cute video of it, but of course once I started recording, she got stuck, fell, and then didn't want to walk anymore. Here are a few of her cute steps though! It will only be a matter of time now... I am sure of it! I guess Damon was 14 months before he took his first steps... They do it at their own pace!

So as I was writing this post, Halle was screaming in the other room, wanting to walk again, so I set up her with the walker and did a little bit more recording. This is her from the front this time. Being her mom, I just think she is adorable trying to meander on her way! Keep it up Hal... You'll get it down sooner or later!

10 comments:

Misty Anderson said...

That is cute! Way to go Halle. Sorry Damon it sucks to be the older one huh!

Jessie said...

YAY Halle!! Now try it without the walker, silly girl :)

Brimaca said...

She is so cute! I love seeing their little steps. You dress her really cute too. :)

Toby and Emily said...

They are both adorable! My first walked at 9 months - which was a huge disaster. Audrey is 10 months and hasn't taken steps on her own yet. I'm hoping I can milk that one for another few months. At least when they're crawling I'm still faster than them!

Anonymous said...

Yay I'm glad you found me! :) Random comment but you and your parents were in my dream the other night! Hehe! You're children are beautiful! And your husband looks so familiar, he isn't from here is he?
allie e

Shelley Eggett said...

I'm glad you found me, your kids are super cute!! My baby just started walking and she is 16 months old.

Anonymous said...

Hey Halle, it's ok that you needed a walker. Everyone needs one every once in a while. Just don't use it for too long!

Southern Belle said...

AH!!! The fun begins as I am sure you already know. I love that walking toy. We have it to.

andi said...

Hi! I was just looking back at all of your posts- way to go on the preschool! And I loved Halle's birthday story- I can't believe she's 1 already, whoa!

Steven and Whitney said...

Kirstin--
I am so glad you found me. It has been a week since I've tuned into my blog. I guess I have some time on my hands now! Congratulations on such a cute family. It is so fun to check on the people we went to school with and watch their families grow. Thank you so much for your kind words about my mom. She was someone I always thought of as a permanent fixture in my earthly life. I have now realized that nobody is. Your thoughts made my day and I just wanted to say thank you. Now that I know your blogspot, I will check in often!
Whitney