Thursday, May 1, 2008

Joe, Happy 4 Year Anniversary ~ May 7, 2008


Baby just look at us...
all this time and we're still in love...
Can you believe it has been four years of marriage? In those years, both of us have graduated college, we have two amazing (and beautiful might I add) kids, you served a tour in Iraq, we bought and moved into our first home, and many more wonderful thing have happened to us. It is unreal what life we have created together. I wanted to be able to do something special for you to say thank you for the past four years. But with you in Iraq, and me not being allowed to send any more packages to you, I thought what could I possibly give you for our anniversary? Then, kind of copying others ideas, I thought I could let you know how much I love you by making our very own love story blog.

Joe, I am a very lucky woman to have met and married you. I have become the woman I always wanted to be because of you. I have had more ambition and completed more with my life thanks to you always believing in me. You give me this drive that I never knew I had. You push me to my fullest capacity, and I feel that thanks to you, I am now almost the catch that you deserve. No more taking naps during sunsets for me...Thank you for teaching me there is oh so much more to life than being lazy. You are such an amazing man. You had me at hello in Liberty Park that first night I ever saw you. I thought.."WOW, so this is the Joe that my friends are always talking about...no wonder I needed to meet him!" And then I blew it the first time you ever called and asked me out by turning you down with other plans I had that night. How lucky was I to get to meet up with you again?! I was so nervous the night Phil called me to see if I wanted to come along and he let me know that you would be there. I was scrambling in front of the mirror trying to make myself look perfect, hoping I would catch your eye that night. I remember exactly what we were both wearing that night...how silly is that? And I guess I did catch your eye though, because from that day on we were inseperable.
It was the night of the derby in Manti that I knew I was in trouble. Walking around with you, I felt so priveledged for you to be introducing me to friends and family. I was on cloud nine. Then, back at your house, you put the spoon in my applesauce for me. I was smitten and knew I was in love, even though it was very early on in the relationship. I once watched a movie that taught if a guy will give you the last bite of something he really wanted to be eating, you know he is in love with you. Not too long after I realized I loved you, we were out eating at the Olive Garden, and you gave me the last breadstick. Cheesy as it is, in my heart I knew you had fallen for me too. Recently your mom told me that right after you met me, you told her you felt you met your twin....I felt I had met my other half. It is so cliche, but I feel we complete eachother. We both have the qualities the other is lacking, and together create this wonderful bond that will never be broken.We have proved that this past year with you being in Iraq. We have somehow managed to come out of this an even stronger couple. With you in Iraq, we communicated on a whole different level. We have become the absolute best friends. I have realized this past year that I never want to be without you, and life without you in it would be so sad and lonely. This year I realized I never want to take a moment of you home with us for granted ever again. Thinking back, just going on drives and getting a mountain dew with you is something that I cherish. The small things about you are the things I find myself really missing. The other night, I was laughing as I thought of things you would say to me to get a rise out of me. I thought of you sitting next to me in the car saying...."Kirstin, it's okay that you aren't a very good driver...but I am probably the world's greatest driver." Who knew I would miss things like that? I am so excited to have you come home, and one of the first things I want to do is get a barbeque, go in the backyard, watch Damon run around and Halle hopefully crawling, and grill us up some turkey barbeque.
Joe, I guess I just feel I don't tell you often enough how great you are, and unfortunately it is celebrating our anniversary without you here that is making me get on the ball and let you know how much you are loved and appreciated. You are the greatest man I have ever met. You never complain about the curve balls life has thrown your way. You just go with the flow, or keep looking for things to better your life. You have taught me that not everything has to be perfect for it to work out. I love what is perfect and what is imperfect about us. Joe, I admire you, I look up to you, I am in love with you. I guess all's I am trying to say is I do love you babe. I love you so much my heart aches. Thank you for choosing me to be your wife, and for standing by me. Happy Anniversary! Here's to 50 more years together!
It's pretty hard to believe after all these years I still need you this badly...

2 comments:

Lant Family said...

How sweet. What a great thing to do for Joe! Crazy to think back on life huh? So much can happen in just a short time.

shellyray said...

That was so awesome! You are both so lucky to have each other. I hope that when Joe comes home life only continues to get better and better for you both. Life is good! Happy Anniversary you guys!