Thursday, May 8, 2008

ANTS!!

I woke up this morning with Halle and walked into the kitchen to make her a bottle. I looked on the counter and saw a pile of small sugar ants underneath an electrical outlet. I was grossed out but figured crumbs must have been left on the counter from the night before.....Nope, not it. I got up close and saw ants crawling out of the outlet holes. So I went and got the screwdriver and took off the plate cover. As I lifted off the plate cover and flipped it over, it was black with hundreds of ants. I looked into the outlet hole, and now saw ants crawling everywhere and the larva shells that they hatch from. Needless to say my whole body today has had the whillies and itches. I took my time and cleaned it all out. Unfortunately one of the screws was completely stripped to take out the entire electical GFCI, but i used a knife and cotton swabs to clean out all of the shells and live ants, and then sprayed and killed everything. The most disgusting part you ask??? As I was in the kitchen trying to clean everything up, I guess some ants were crawling around in the electrical current, because I heard it zapping them and then a burnt smell came from it. I think it is safe to say I will need a new GFCI outlet all together. For those of you who frequent my house, rest assured, I am a clean person, and do keep a clean house. This was just one of those freak things that you don't expect!





1 comment:

shellyray said...

That's so disgusting! I had the whillies just from looking at your pictures and I ended up cleaning out and mopping my kitchen. I've decided that the ants must have taken up headquarters under both of our houses and the only way to get rid of them would be to bomb our houses and I'm not about to do that.