Monday, October 19, 2009

Should I back track?

I haven't blogged in a LONG time but decided I might try to jump on the bandwagon again. I think for now, I will just blog about our FaBuLoUs Saturday, and then add some other things we have done over the past couple of months later.
This past Saturday, the weather was supposed to be phenomenal, so I thought it would be fun to go out on a little hike, or go see the water falls up Provo Canyon. So we did just that. Halle was a bit of a pill at first. She was so cranky and ornery, but by the time we were about done, we finally got some smiles out of that little lady.
After walking the trail for a minute, we made it to the falls, and then of course, Damon wanted nothing more than to hike up to the top... Halle was having none of that, throwing yet another tantrum, so Damon and Joe got to do the hike without us girlies. If you look very closely, you can see the rugged boys on the side of the waterfall.
And this is what PrInCeSs Halle looked like down below as I tried, unsuccessfully, to convince her that we were having fun! (Check out that tear rolling down her cheek!)

As Joe and Damon hiked back down the mountain, Halle and I walked up a small hill and met them. We "tried" to pose the kids on the rocks and get some good pictures... This is as good as it gets people! Joe was in the background throwing leaves in the air to make it look like they were falling in motion on the kiddo's... but none of those pics are the greatest darn it all!After our small hikes, we walked back along the trail which was to lead us to our truck... along the way we all played and wrestled in the leaves, and I am happy to say that Joe finally got Hal-Bal happy and hyper!And now I would just like to announce, that ornery or not, I by far have the world's cutest kids. The End!

12 comments:

The Bensons said...

How fun! It is so nice up there right now... As much as I hate seeing the summer come to an end I love seeing the leaves falling.

The Jarretts said...

I think the posed pictures look great! That is a funny pic of Hal crying. It is about time that you blogged! I check almost everyday hoping for new cute pics of your kids! Halle's jacket is way cute :)

Brimaca said...

Very cute! Glad you are back to blogging!

The Olsons said...

You do have some of the cutest kids. Looks like such a fun day. We went up to the falls last year and hiked, I'm ready for a day or two out soon with my little family.

Dan and Sara said...

Yay, you're back! I've been wondering what you've been up to. I must agree, your kids are adorable! And that was such a great idea to get out and enjoy the beautiful weather on Saturday... it was fabulous, wasn't it!

Jessie said...

Sheesh, it's about time you blogged again! Cute pics of the kids (especially the one of Hall-ball crying!). Love you!

Amelia said...

So cute! I miss Utah at this time of year. THE BEST! I can't believe how BLONDE and OLD Halle is!

Tara said...

I agree!! Each picture I kept saying to myself, they are soooo cute! You and Joe did very well!

Jenny said...

Wow! Halle's even gorgeous crying! You do have cute kids. No question!

Steven and Whitney said...

You for sure have the cutest kids! Perhaps Halle is afraid of heights (I can relate). Looks like you had fun and it makes me miss Utah,

Mimi said...

Yay she's back.... LONG LIVE THE BLOG!!

I always get sad when people turn to the darkside (facebook) and forget about blogging. I just love to see those cute kids. Yes, I agree they are stinkin adorable.

So...when the leaves change I always crave provo canyon. I miss it! There really is nothing like driving down that canyon in the fall- glad you guys had fun. I love the falls too. It will forever remind me of summer science.

-don't neglect me please...(that was your blog talking to you) ;-)

Julander Family said...

Hey you, this is the only contact info I have for you! I need a current address for Christmas Cards and I would love to have your email! Hopefully you check your blog before Christmas! LOL Anyway, email me your info: emilyjulander@yahoo.com