Wednesday, April 30, 2008

One month to go! USA or BUST!!

Can you believe it? Joe has already been gone for 11 months. One month to go, and he will be home again. At times, it seemed as if time was at a standstill, and I thought this year would never end, but looking back on it, I can't help but think time flies.

This week Joe sent out one of his famous journal entries to friends and family. In it was the first time I ever heard him talk about meeting the wives and children of the detainees in the prison he is a guard over. He was able to send a couple of pictures of himself with them. It was very interesting to read about this, and then get to see a couple of pictures. I think of my life this past year not having my husband around, but never really thought of the families whose husbands, brothers, dads etc... have been put in a prison in Iraq. Joe is often telling stories to me of Iraq, and then men he sees, but I never looked at it from a wife's point of view until this past week. It touched me but also broke my heart.

I am so proud of Joe, his brother Rob, and brother-in-law, Brian, for all that they have done this past year. Only a month to go guys. Then it will be back to craziness at home with your own wives and kids, and you will be wishing to go back! Just kidding. We are counting down the days and anxious for you to return home.
Until then, take care, be safe, and I LOVE YOU!!! I look forward to having you around, and am even more so especially excited for summer this year! See you soon Joe.

1 comment:

Amelia said...

I am SOO happy that you two, four, will be together again so soon. Congratulations. Thank you and thank Joe for his service and your patience and hardships. It is amazing what you and what Joe did. I can't even imagine it. You are a strong, wonderful woman! We love you!