Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Cinco de Mayo on the Heber Creeper

My dad surprised us with tickets to ride on the Heber Valley Railroad during the month of May. Growing up in Heber Valley, I can now, at age 28, say that I have finally gone for a ride on the famous train! Damon and Halle were so excited to go on a real train... needless to say, the excitement wore off about 10 minutes into it when the trian was slowly creeping along, and the kids just wanted to eat! But the novelty of the train was fantastic while it lasted! I believe it was children's day or something to that effect, so the Wasatch County Library passed out train conductor hats for all kids, and then read books and sang songs while on the train! It was a great experienceAlthough the kiddo's look extremely grumpy in all the pictures, I assure you they weren't! They just weren't fond of getting their pictures taken. Thanks Grandpa with the cat for the fun day!

6 comments:

mj said...

too cute! you grew up in heber? do you know the pitts family? i guess you would have been closest in age to jeff. they're my cousins.

The Jarretts said...

I went for a ride on the Heber Creeper for a field trip in 1st grade and it made me SICK. I hated it. Ask mom. I love the pics of dad with the kids. He looks cute. And happy.

The Olsons said...

I have always wanted to take a ride on that train. I think my kids would love it. The last couple years we have looked into it and always decide not to because it's so DANG expensive! And we are too cheap. Maybe one of these years we will just do it.
Oh, and I think the hats are way cute!

Jessie said...

The picture of Halle on Dad's lap is SOOO cute! Oh, and to this day, I still haven't ridden on the Heber Creeper (or whatever they are calling it these days).

Emily said...

Cute little farts, aren't they? Glad for you that pre-school is out!! Party time!!!!! And...sorry about the stitches. That always makes for an awesome day :) Thanks for being such a good friend kirstin, and for being so concerned and thoughtful!!! You rock.

Brimaca said...

I never rode it until I was an adult either!