Saturday, June 14, 2008

Joe is Back for Good!


Joe returned home after serving a year long tour in Camp Bucca, Iraq on May 29, 2008. It was close to midnight when Joe's flight came in... but we were very much wide awake and excited to welcome him home. Damon was so excited as all the men were getting off the plane, that he was shaking with tears coming down his cheeks, as he kept say over and over "my daddy...my daddy." Nothing is better than seeing your kids reunite with their dad. Damon still asks Joe and I all the time about Dad going back on the plane. It is hard to explain to Damon that Dad is home for good this time...no more leaving. Halle is warming right up to Joe. He can make her giggle so hard. It has been wonderful having Joe back home. I am definitely not complaining.
Damon, Halle, and Joe reuniting for the first time!
Best Friends, Damon and Joe
Joe with his momOur little family is back together! We couldn't be more ecstatic!!!

WELCOME HOME JOE/DAD......WE LOVE YOU!

6 comments:

Lant Family said...

Yeah, Congratulations on having him home. He has lost some weight huh? I bet you are loving it, all together again.

Tara said...

The picture of him looking at Halle is priceless! It makes me get all teary eyed! We are so glad you are all back together again and happy! Call us some time!

Amelia said...

Wow, I am SO happy for you guys. I got chills watching that video. It filled me with a lot of gratitude and appreciation for soldiers and their amazing selfless families too. Thanks guys!

maryirene said...

i just found your blog and how exciting! i am so happy for you all! how wonderful. we probably won't see you. we move to nyc next week, but we wish you all the best!!

Crystal said...

I am so happy for you!!! I can't imagine a whole year without Allen. I am so glad that you can all be together again!

Lori and Matt said...

The video is great... thanks for sharing that. I cried watching it just thinking about the long year ya'll have had. I'm so happy for ya'll to be a whole family again! Thanks for your service Joe!